Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okaussie3
Roku Guru

Re: Android Phone and Roku Streaming Stick Plus

That is what I am going to do, getting a Chromecast.  My question now is, how to I make the phone talk to the Chromecast??

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

That’s up to you to figure out. This is a Roku community. Not a Chromecast community. But since you have an old phone it may not even work. Best bet is to do some research. I’m sure people aren’t in the Chromecast community asking “How do I do this on my Roku”. 

I have an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1. I can stream music from my phone to my Roku using Apple AirPlay. I can also mirror my phones screen to my Roku. My son can mirror his Galaxy S21 Plus to his Roku with no issues. It’s running Android version 12. This is using a Roku Streaming Stick 4K or my TCL Roku TV. Each is running Roku OS 10.5

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Assuming they are both on the same network, you wont have to do much: 

1) To mirror, you should simply be able to use the phone's "Cast" function/Google Home app that you mentioned before, and select your new GC/CC-compastible device.

2) To cast, simply use the Cast icon within each app and select your new GC/CC-compatible device.

0 Kudos