Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not showing up on device on OS 10.0

@Wuhula

Your lack of AirPlay is likely related to your location - you'll need to message @RokuDanny-R  to clarify availability.

Sankargoli
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay

Thanks for the message. 🙂 

Have you tried using the Roku app to connect/control your Ultra? YES

Do you have another phone/tablet/device you can try to connect to your Ultra with? YES

How is your Ultra connecting? wired? wireless? same SSID? Wireless

Have you:

1) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again No Luck

2) Disable & Re-enable WIFi on the Apple devices - try again No Luck

3) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again No Luck

4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, router/modem) - try again No Luck

5) Switch Roku's display output to 1080p - try again No Luck

6) Verify you aren't using AP/Client Isolation (modem/router/gateway setting) or otherwise connected to a Guest SSID? Everything looks fine here, I can airplay to other devices in my home but this Roku ultra.

Thanks again! Cheers 🙂 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Sankargoli 

And what was the result when you used the Roku app to connect to/control your Ultra?

What was the result when you used another device to connect to your Ultra?

0 Kudos
Sankargoli
Channel Surfer

And what was the result when you used the Roku app to connect to/control your Ultra?

• I'm able to connect via app to my Ultra. It works fine as a remote! I also tried to cast pictures/videos from the app and it seems to working too. 

What was the result when you used another device to connect to your Ultra?

• I can not see the Roku in any other apple devices either! 😞
0 Kudos
Wuhula
Reel Rookie

Checked system update today and it installed 16 updates, the first one is Airplay and now it's available.

Cheers

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Sankargoli 

So your Ultra is network accessible wirelessly and via Play on Roku etc.

If you had a non-Apple device (e.g. a friends Android-based phone, w/Miracast and YouTube/NetFlix) you could test screen mirroring (Miracast) and casting (NF/YT; DIAL) - this would narrow the issue down to an AirPlay issue, either with the Roku, the Apple devices, and/or your modem/router/gateway.

If you havent already power cycled (unplugged for several minutes) and rebooted all devices (modem/router/gateway, Roku, phones), you should do so, or do it again.

0 Kudos

Re: Variety of Different 10.0 Builds

Hey, hello i have an issue, my TCL roku tv updated to 10.0 compilation 4209, but know it did not show airplay 2 and homekit, not in the menu tv system anymore; so i can't airplay nothing from my iphone.

i have it in previous update before update OS 10

please help

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@joserondon7d

Try  checking for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

then restarting:  Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart

If it still doesnt show up as Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit, message @RokuDanny-R about it

....and contact Roku directly:   

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus      (choose Setup/Roku TV/Other/Need more help?)

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@joserondon7d

Thanks for the post.

We're more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-photo of your settings page where Airplay normally would appear

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chatchat

Airplay not showing on Roku Premiere 3920EU

Hello,

I went to buy the Roku Premiere for Airplay feature.

I setup the Roku Premiere 3920EU which is with these datas :

Version : 10.0.0.4209

The Roko and my iPhone are on the same wifi network but my Premiere doesn't appear when I try open the Airplay menu on my iPhone.

Elsewhere, I have no "Apple AirPlay and HomeKit" item in the Settings menu of the Roku.

Is it normal ?

0 Kudos