Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johngladem

Airplay no longer works

Airplay was working fine a few days ago but Roku no longer show up as an option. I tried rebooting my phone and the Roku but no change. It is turned on in settings on the Roku side

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Airplay no longer works

Exact same problem here. I want to say it was the December 18 update, but don’t remember the day it stopped working. What happened?

4800X Roku Ultra

9.41 build 4222-C2

0 Kudos
Rowdyrawdy

Apple airplay setting not loading

When I go to setting setting me and select apple airplay and HomeKit, the screen changes to show the word airplay for a second, and then goes back to the home setting page. (So I’m unable to change my airplay settings to turn it on for my device)

tv type is 7105X

Dshinaz
Channel Surfer

Same problem- spent a Long time with Roku support team. They were unaware of the problem. We have tried all the diagnostic steps including resetting the router and reinstalling Roku to factory.  I am wondering if this was caused by an iOS update. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I just checked my phone, and all Roku devices on my network appear in the list. I didn't actually try mirroring to one, since I'm watching something different on the TV right now. But I did test it about a week ago without a problem.

If your Roku devices are not appearing as a screen mirror destination, there's likely an issue with your network. If your ISP controls your modem/router (if you lease the box, they probably control it), it's possible they pushed an update that unintentionally enabled the WiFi security setting that blocks wireless devices from seeing each other. Do you see any available display devices when you search for a mirroring destination? If not, it's either that setting, or you simply don't have anything else on your network that supports AirPlay. 

Do you have the Roku app on your phone? If so, does it see your Roku devices?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Dshinaz
Channel Surfer

iOS 15.3.1 was recently installed.  

The Airplay problem does not exist on my TCL TVs (2) only my Roku sticks (all three). 

I can Airplay to my two Apple TV’s and my two TCL TVs without issues  therefore I don’t see how it could be a network routing issue  

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

I have an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1 and my AirPlay works just fine on both my TCL Roku TV's. Did you add your Roku in My Home n your phone? Works just fine for me. My TVMy TVMy iPhoneMy iPhone

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Screen mirroring is not the same as AirPlay

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@TrooperDada326 wrote:

Screen mirroring is not the same as AirPlay

Yes, when it comes to Roku devices, it's just screen mirroring. You are not casting something from the phone to the Roku and playing there. You're simply seeing whatever is on the screen of the phone. Now there are some apps that can cast to the Roku, YouTube being one of them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

0 Kudos