Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stumbeano
Reel Rookie

Airplay Software update for older TV models?

Is there any chance of a Software Update for TCL Roku smartTVs that do not have the Airplay HomeKit option? I have 3 TCL Roku SmartTVs. Two of them have the option, one does not. The one that doesn't is a Roku TV: 5140X; TCL Model 32S305; Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4210-08
I have checked for software updates and it is up-to-date.  I did purchase a device that plugs into an HDMI port that works for screen mirroring but it is not as convenient as having the airplay option. 
One can always hope.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mnw999
Streaming Star

Re: Airplay Software update for older TV models?

Airplay/HomeKit no longer works even on newer TV models since 10.5 update 6-7 weeks ago.

You aren't missing out on anything. As a fellow Apple user I'd suggest you run the other way! Roku doesn't deserve HomeKit/Airplay certification it advertises.

0 Kudos
Lynn12
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Software update / Air play support Home kit

Hello Support Roku, 

Is this really true?  Why Why ?   I bought the TV Nov 2020. My apple Ipad 2019.  I've been using the screen mirroring with Air Play since then , I'm in love with it.... I  have that new uptdate  10.5

Please Roku  have a new update to correct this inconvenience.  Lynn

0 Kudos
Lynn12
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Software update / Air play support Home kit

I was watching and everything stop.  A good show was playing. It nerver happen before. I keep serching for and answer.... Tried a lot to see why... reboot tv, system setting, etc... still can't have it.

Anybody ? 

0 Kudos