Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Airplay Issue - Roku device returns to Settings when Airplay is launched

Hi Community users, 

If you are experiencing Airplay related issues in which the Roku device returns to Settings when Airplay is being launched, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-any relevant screenshots that will help us understand what you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
vspeed
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Issue - Roku device returns to Settings when Airplay is launched

I am seeing this issue now.  Can't do a screen mirror or Airplay.  Can't setup Airplay.  iphone does not recognize my Roku.  Noticed it today when trying to Airplay The Masters.

4630X-Roku Premier+

YR00EU959921 (7KA69E959921)

10.5.0 BUILD 4208-29

TRACKER ID: 21-139-484

0 Kudos
Mokastew

It was working previously.   Now when I go to settings I click on apple airplay and HomeKit, the airplay logo shows and then it goes back to tcl roku tv settings.  

tcl model 65R635- serial number X00300N32LWF

roku tv A114X

software version 10.5.0 build 4210-88

this started this week after the Tv restarted on its own. 
The device can be found via airplay on devices but they cannot connect to the tv.  And I can’t check to see if airplay is turned on because the airplay and HomeKit settings do not show.  
issue Id WF-139-837

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mokastew @vspeed 

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KingDad
Reel Rookie

Model: G204X - Roku TV

Hisense: 6series-58

Serial number: X01900V2JGHU (S08C3192JGHU)

software Version: 10.5.0 * build 4210-CH

timestamp: 2022-04-18T23:56:21Z

issue ID: HU-155-516

Danny,

the issue happens every time you try to launch the Apple airplay and HomeKit app. It briefly displays a black screen with Airplay in white letters then immediately returns back to the settings menu. 
This is my 1st attempt at using the airplay (unsuccessfully) on this device.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@KingDad  I own 3 TCL Roku TV’s and Airplay works great using my iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.4.1. Did you fully read this article? Have you restarted your Roku TV and phone?

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

0 Kudos
KingDad
Reel Rookie

@Ello2022 

Yes I have read the article you reference. Roku's support staff has informed me they are aware of the issue described in this thread header and their engineers are working on the issue. Point being, it's not the user's inexperience or improperly connected devices. The issue is with the Roku software itself not launching the Airplay app. Setup screen.

I'm sure on your T.V. when you select Airplay it redirects to a new screen with some drop down menus. Our issue is that we do not get this screen. Instead of being redirect to an Airplay setup screen it simply goes back to the T.V. settings screen.

Doha

Model 9101X Roku Smart Soundbar

serial number YL00G2115697 (R650AG115697)

software version 10.5.0 build 4210-95

timestamp: 2022-04-23T18;21;14Z

please use ID 97-162-381 to report the current issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Doha

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing so we can verify that the issue you are seeing is related to this thread:

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KingDad

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information you have provided.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos