Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aegilles

Re: Airplay Issue - Roku device not showing up on iOS device

3930x - roku express, x00400ljfx7t, 10.5.0

ID 7T-164-984

roku will not show on phone, have restarted both, have updated, have turned airplay off reset devices and then airplay back on, still nothing.

Its never worked since buying roku yesterday

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@aegilles

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lpm4
Reel Rookie

For the past month or two my airplay hasn’t been working. Everytime I try to connect it through Homekit it says the accessory is not found. The airplay logo is not showing when i’m trying to stream something from my phone, macbook. or ipad. I’ve seen other posts about it, tried restarting, restarting my connection nothing works. 

0 Kudos
JoeyRocku
Binge Watcher

11.0 broke iPhone AirPlay.

Since I use this feature for critical work related stuff, I went and bought Firesticks to use for AirPlay  

Will use Rokus for TV still. 

Hopefully they figure out what broke in 11.0. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@lpm4  @JoeyRocku 

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing Airplay related issues in which the Roku device is not showing up on your iOS device, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-any relevant screenshots that will help us understand what you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I started having the same problem a couple of weeks ago with one of my Roku devices. I have three on the same network. The other two show up as Airplay options on my iPhone but the one I use the most for Airplay is not showing up anymore. I have not seen any solution posted.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sandysixsoto,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To help troubleshoot the Airplay issue further, follow this link: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please provide the requested information posted above your post that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Hello Danny. My problem is simple, when I pull up my airplay to play music or such, my device does not show up with the listed devices.

Here is my Roku information.

Model: 3900X - Roku Express

Serial Number: YG00CS264352

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-51

Device ID C338AC264352

If there is anything else you need let me know. 

0 Kudos
PapaKilo

@RokuDanny-R@RokuMary-F,

has there been any progress on resolving this issue where Roku is not showing up on iphone/mac as an option to mirror or cast to? I do not have any issues mirroring with my Microsoft Surface but Roku does not show up as an option for my iphone12, Macbook Air or ipad 11 Pro.

0 Kudos