Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tunnelsunshine
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Issue - Black screen appears when Airplaying any content from iOS device

This did not work for me. I updated my iOS. I unpaired the device from airplay, and restarted my Roku. Did not change anything for me. Still the same. 

0 Kudos

Re: Airplay Issue - Black screen appears when Airplaying any content from iOS device

Same issue - been fighting this for awhile then found this thread today. Screen mirroring will work but casting a video full screen via airplay does not- just goes to the black screen with the buffering/loading spinning circle icon then flips back to the Roku Airplay Menu Screen

ios 15.6 / iphone 13 pro

Roku 4670x - Roku Ultra

Have tried rebooting everything multiple times and repairing the device- no luck

I do have a mesh Orbi network and have wondered if that may be a factor with the airplay protocol 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tm-prometheus

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-any relevant screenshots that will help us understand what you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stephane74

Got the same problem. Airplay works fine with some websites but not Udemy, whether through the website or app.

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

Try turning off your VPN off on your phone then try screen mirror

that solved my issue

hope it works for you 

it’s usually something ridiculously simple like this
This truly worked for me

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay not working on Roku - just a black loading screen

that solved my issue

hope it works for you 

But to me this is a security issue with whatever VPN it is you’re using

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay not working on Roku - just a black loading screen

that solved my issue

hope it works for you 

I recommend this method because I’m having the same problems everybody else is but now solved 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

that solved my issue

hope it works for you 

it’s usually something ridiculously simple like this Worked like a charm

#solvedblackscreen 

0 Kudos
Archangel77
Channel Surfer

that solved my issue

hope it works for you 

0 Kudos
koletko

I get black screen for the video when I try to use AirPlay to play a video from my laptop to my Roku Express. I just hear audio faintly. I have tried everything suggested here, restarted everything, reset everything, reconnected everything. All info requested is below. How do I fix this? It happens from my laptop, see info below, and my iPhone 12 Mini. 

IMG_6434.JPGScreen Shot 2022-10-09 at 3.45.53 PM.png

0 Kudos