Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Airplay Issue - Black screen appears when Airplaying any content from iOS device

@Tunnelsunshine
Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team and I have no further information to provide at this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mindsight
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Issue - Black screen appears when Airplaying any content from iOS device

@RokuDanny-R Yesterday, I bought a Roku Ultra to use for AirPlay specifically and ran into this issue. Could you please let us know if this issue will be addressed soon? If not, Roku wouldn't be of much use for me for the AirPlay.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mindsight

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team. If you haven't already, please provide the requested information and I'll be sure to pass it along for further investigation.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tpta

Hello, I’m also dealing with this issue. I  tried multiple times before I found this thread.

Model: 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT

Serial number: YJ0068826878 (045976826878)
Software version: 11.0.0 • build 4193-46
Timestamp:2022-07-09T21:16:54Z
issue ID 78-273-436

0 Kudos
Grymloch

Ran into a similar issue today. I found that if you're getting the black screen with the spinning "buffering" symbol, you have to go to your iOS device, swipe down on the control panel and hit the mirroring button that looks like two overlapping rectangles.

After that video appears. Udemy doesn't stream right, it only shows the course title screen though you can hear the audio. But at least the screen mirroring is working. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tpta

Thanks for the post and providing us with your detailed information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IOSNeedsAirPlay
Reel Rookie

Any updates/progress in this issue?  Been a few months now since this has not been working and need to know if this will be resolved or if we need to start looking elsewhere

0 Kudos
IOSNeedsAirPlay
Reel Rookie

- device ID - KW9983735084
-software OS - 11.0.0 build 4193-46
-tracker ID-  84-292-193
-steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Airplay from iOS device

Step 2: See Black screen (audio works fine)

This feature worked great up until a couple of months ago

0 Kudos
Mindsight
Reel Rookie

Additional information: I bought Apple TV and the same apps are streaming fine - so, it is a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
IOSNeedsAirPlay
Reel Rookie

Update to iOS 15.6 and issue is resolved. Mark as fixed by apple

0 Kudos