Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabethalyn
Reel Rookie

Re: AirPlay is GREAT! BUT song pix give way to just "AirPlay" text

Mine went away by just stopping the screensaver settings on my roku. 

0 Kudos
sg23
Reel Rookie

@tabethalyn Yes, I think this worked for everyone, thank you for the tip! But the issue remains for those wanting to keep the screensaver on for most apps, just not while music is playing.

0 Kudos
sg23
Reel Rookie

@StreamerUser That makes sense, thanks for the info! But even if the problem is on Apple's side, the issue is happening on the Roku platform and they should deal with Apple to solve it. Not a major thing, but still annoying. Let's hope this gets fixed some day.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@sg23 wrote:

@StreamerUser That makes sense, thanks for the info! But even if the problem is on Apple's side, the issue is happening on the Roku platform and they should deal with Apple to solve it. Not a major thing, but still annoying. Let's hope this gets fixed some day.

Again, AirPlay is entirely coded by Apple, and its behavior is controlled by Apple.

That being said, its more complicated due to the AirPlay apps' OS-level modifications/integration, so there is some enhanced cooperation/communication between the two companies, but Apple's chosen screensaver behavior for the app is going to be very far down (or not even on) the list of "issues" for Roku to bring to Apple's attention - still best to contact Apple directly if you want the AirPlay screensaver behavior on Roku changed.

0 Kudos
emalsie33

If you're still experiencing problems related to the greater recent OS nine.4 on a Express 3710 Roku device for guitar and are the use of composite cables, can you please offer us the subsequent information:

0 Kudos
willwenzel

In case anyone who has a Roku is unable to disable screen saver on Airplay (just the text "airplay"), my ultra model needed me to disable the screensaver in themes, and then restart the unit, and then as promised above, no more screen saver.  But it didn't work until it rebooted.