Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpierpoint
Reel Rookie

AirPlay Choppy Video/Audio

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing choppy video and audio for quite some time when screen sharing from my MacBook Pro and Windows 11 to Roku 4800RW - Roku Ultra. I've searched several posts and couldn't find my exact problem, but have noticed that there are several issues with this and need help with my issue.

I've tried rebooting the Roku system and internet gateway and the problem persists. I've tried changing the Wi-Fi network to use the 2.4GHz band and the problem still persists.

Your help on troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro

• MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019
  • macOS Monterey v12.6
  • 2.3 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
  • 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Windows 11

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
  • 6.00 GB RAM
  • Windows 11 Pro - v22H2 build 22621.608

Roku 4800RW - Roku Ultra

• v11.0.0 - build 4193-C2
  • Connected via Ethernet

AT&T Gateway

• HUMAX BGW320-500
  • SW v3.19.5

AirPlay

• v3.3.1.58
  • App v41.69.0
  • App Engine 12.0.0 (roku4-13R69):apple
  • Streaming Engine 2.220.2

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tpierpoint
Reel Rookie

Re: AirPlay Choppy Video/Audio

Jump to solution

Hi, Danny.

At the time of reporting this issue, the OS was up to date. Today, I was able to update to a newer version. The AirPlay functionality appears to working OK now. I will continue to monitor this and report back if this changes.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
tpierpoint
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm wondering if anybody at Roku reads these posts. I posted this almost a week ago and no one has replied. Would appreciate it if someone would answer this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tpierpoint

Thanks for the posts.

According to your initial post, it looks like you're connecting the Roku device through ethernet. In order to user Airplay with Roku devices, both the Roku and Airplay device need to be connected to the same wireless network. Have you already tried changing the wireless channel on you router to minimize the possibly of wireless interference?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tpierpoint
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, Danny, and thank you for your reply. It doesn't matter wether or not the Roku device is connected to my LAN via ethernet or wifi. It will still acquire a LAN IP address and will be accessible to all other devices on the LAN. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tpierpoint

Thanks for the post.

It looks like from the information that you provided you are using an outdate OS. Have you tried updating your Roku device to the latest OS 11.5 build. Once have updated your Roku device, try seeing if the issue persists.

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tpierpoint
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, Danny.

At the time of reporting this issue, the OS was up to date. Today, I was able to update to a newer version. The AirPlay functionality appears to working OK now. I will continue to monitor this and report back if this changes.

Thank you!

0 Kudos