Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iversonb

Adding stick to tv account

I have a Roku tv and just bought a stick for the bedroom. When we set it up, my husband made a Roku email. That’s where the link went to activate my stick. I don’t even know if that’s a legit email?? How do I get my stick to link to my tv so I can have Roku in my bedroom???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding stick to tv account

You do not link one device to another. They are linked to a Roku user account. That account email address is displayed on the Settings/System/About menu. That's the email address you have to use to link the Stick to the same account as the TV. But it's not required to link them to the same account. They can be used separately, and that might be desirable if you want to have a different selection of channels on the two devices. 

But if they are currently linked to separate accounts and you want them on the same one, you will have to do a factory reset on the one that isn't linked to the desired account and set it up anew. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos