Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
topdaug
Channel Surfer

Adding a USB Audio input on players

I have my music on usb and sd devices to play in my car.  With the ROKU soundbar and speaker system I would like to be able to play my music on the ROKU speaker system.  Since the Roku is on a HDMI 1 or 2 etc I don't believe I can use the USB input on my TV and play the music on the Roku speakers.  And it would probably need some kind of channel access just to play music and not TV.  If your spending all that money on a speaker system let's figure out how to put it to good use.

.....unless the ROKU could crossover to where my music device is.  I think it would be easier to add an additional input to play MY music directly through the Roku speaker system.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Randal

Re: Adding a USB Audio input on players

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I don't have one of these, but according to their compare features page, both of their current streambars have local playback via USB.

0 Kudos
topdaug
Channel Surfer

I see the USB but I think it is to connect your usb device but it doesn't say play music.  Actually it's not clear what the USB is for.

But thanks  Hopefully ROKU will respond.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Here's a page about playing music from the USB with Roku Media Player.

https://support.roku.com/article/208754908

0 Kudos