Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowseff
Binge Watcher

Ad block

I have an eero home wifi network and have been testing eero's ad blocking feature.  Surprisingly, the device with the most ad blocks is the roku. On days when I haven't watched tv, eero is blocking 2000 requests, and on days when I do watch TV, it's as many as 10,000.   I think I'm going to turn off ad blocking since I don't think it's fair to not 'pay' for content.  But the high number of blocks from the roku is disconcerting. Any idea why it's so high?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ad block

Maybe when you block an ad, it retries the ad?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
snowseff
Binge Watcher

Certainly could be. It's just interesting that an idle roku is now seeing as many as 4000 blocks in one day, as compared to an active cell phone getting a similar number.  

0 Kudos
Skynet
Binge Watcher

eero only blocks screen ads it has nothing to do when watching free content that is supported by ads. You will still see these ads while watching. I personally like it eero ads blocking as it speeds up my network.

0 Kudos