Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Absurd security measures on this forum

Jump to solution

@DanUK stop shouting. 

Yes, the checkbox serves a purpose. It is unfortunate that it might be an issue for some users with disabilities. But it's an unfortunate truth that there are many people out there that are trying their "best" to steal from everyone possible. They want to steal your CC information, your personal information, and anything else they feel they can get money for. That is forcing sites such as this to increase security measures.

It sounds like you take all necessary precautions for yourself, and that's great. Unfortunately, many people online simply don't take even the basic security steps, then scream their heads off if their information is breached online. Roku is doing their best to protect themselves and their customers.

I agree it's best to not store any payment method within your Roku user account. But many people subscribe to things through Roku, so the payment method is required. 

You have probably seen it elsewhere, but you can disable the two factor authentication on your Roku account. The setting is on your user home page at the bottom of the screen. That will stop the email that requires a second action to log in. It won't turn the checkbox off, however. Face it, in today's world it's simply something that has to be tolerated. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
av8rhutch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agree, I feel like I could get in to a Swiss Bank more easily. On the other hand my Roku 4K stick still won't stay connected!

DanUK
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@atc98092I AM NOT SHOUTING, I HAVE A VISUAL IMPAIRMENT.

YESTERDAY THE CLOUDFAIR SHI'ITE GOT ITSELF INTO A LOOP AND DID NOT CREATE A TICK BOX. IT JUST KEPT LOOPING.  I CLOSED DOWN THE BROWSER, CLEARED CACHE AND LOGGED IN AGAIN BUT SAME KWAP.  I HAD TO ABANDON THE SITE.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@DanUK I do have sympathy for visual impairments, but all caps is considered shouting online. Just in case you were not aware, you can zoom a web page larger in a couple of ways. One is to hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard and using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out. Another is to open the browser settings menu, where you will find zoom settings.

Browsers getting stuck in a loop can be maddening, and other than clearing the cache and restarting the browser there's little that can be done. For that reason I have multiple browsers installed on my computer, in case my primary browser (Chrome) gets stuck. I have Edge and Brave, but there's also Firefox and numerous other choices.

Based on my experience, after you've used the site for perhaps a week or so, the Cloudflare checkbox is auto-selected and I've no longer had to check the box before the login screen appears. I can't say if that will apply to all users, but since it happens before I log in I don't think it has anything to do with my elevated status with Roku.

Dan

DanUK
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME HOW TO MANAGE MY DISABILITY, HOW DARE YOU.

I COULD NOT GIVE A FLYING F WHETHER PEOPLE CONSIDER IT SHOUTING, IT IS NOT SHOUTING AND I DO NOT LIVE FOR THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS.

I AM WRITING IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND I DO WHAT IS CONVENIENT FOR ME.  I HAVE TRIED OTHER METHODS AND THEY DISTORT THE PAGE MAKING THING WORSE.

I AM SURE YOU WILL MANAGE TO COPE WITH MY CAPITALS.

CLOUDFARE IS BEHAVING ITSELF TODAY, I SUSPECT THAT IT DOES NOT LIKE PEOPLE WHO USE SECURITY MEASURES ON THEIR DEVICES OR MAYBE BECAUSE MY ISP CHANGES IP REGULARLY.

I USE ALL THE BROWSERS EXCEPT EDGE, SOME BECAUSE OF THEIR ADD-ONS AND SOME FOR SECURITY.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I merely made a suggestion, not in any way trying to tell you how you manage your life. Have a nice day.

Dan

0 Kudos
jasontaylor7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The powers that be decided to lock down the internet.  Every post/comment is carefully tracked, filtered, edited, belittled (if necessary). They need to ensure there's nothing really anonymous.  Things like cloudflair are designed to reveal IP addresses in case you are using a VPN using WebRTC.  They need to know who posted what and even why. If you are on list, good luck. If you can avoid two-factor authentication, as you were able to, consider yourself very lucky.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@jasontaylor7 Oh come on, put the tin foil hat away. 

Dan

jasontaylor7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

#atc98092 @atc98092 "Oh come on, put the tin foil hat away."

You're indirectly accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist.  It's done on the assumption that people think those people are idiots. This was true, and, indeed, it's still considered an effective insult to those readers who have a low intelligence.  But, the ones with a high intelligence, now consider it a compliment. So, thanks.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

You just have yourself a wonderful day.

Dan

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.