Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuzzbean
Channel Surfer

A few things missing......

I live in Ontario, Canada and have model 32S327-CA, and these are the things that are missing and would like to why, or if I'm doing something wrong. I am a pretty tech savvy person so...I don't know what the reason could be. 

1) I have no search option on my tv.  Why?  

2) I cannot download Disney+ to my tv.  The button is greyed out and doesn't give me the option to do so. Every where I look, it's supposed to be compatible.  Why? 

3) I cannot download Amazon Prime Videos. Why?  Again supposed to be compatible. 

Why are your tv's advertised as being able to have these apps, yet when you get it home, you can't download/find them. 

And why on earth is there no search bar?! 

Inquiring minds would like to know!

11 REPLIES 11
Beerke
Reel Rookie

Re: A few things missing......

Same issue here.

I just ordered a ROKU 3930EU Express after checking the requirements for Amazon Prime and Disney+, and I am unable to find either in the catalog + no search function.

Already contacted Amazon after searching for information in the community, and they say they cannot help me and that I need to contact ROKU for this. Only, I'm not even able to open a case with Roku since my model or issue does not warrant agent support...

fuzzbean
Channel Surfer

Again I have Model: Roku TV 8116x

TCL Model: 32S327-CA

Software Version: 10.5.0

There is no reason why the aboved mentioned features and APPS, are not included. Everywhere I looked it said it would be compatible. Even on their own Canadian site as you can see by the pictures (or link) on the TV, displaying Disney, Amazon Video, HBO Max.  I can't get anyof those. 

I am very confused, disappointed and frustrated. I feel scammed and lied to. 

Also this company has NO customer service at all!  

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi@fuzzbean @Beerke

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.
We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region.

For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
fuzzbean
Channel Surfer

What do you mean by "region"? Not in my city, my Pronvince, my Country? Why would my IP be in a different country? Why would it make a difference if my IP is located in a different city or Provence? It's still in Canada. This product is supposed to work within Canada. And not just Canada but all of North America.  My IP is located in Montreal, Canada. I have no issues with any other streaming service, why yours only? 

As for my account - it was made on https://www.roku.com/en-ca/. The Canadian site. Why would I make an account on a different Countries site?  First of all, I would have to go looking for it as sites come up from your own country first as default  - unless there isn't one for your Country and I always check which Country the site is from before I continue. 

This isn't a "me" issue, this is a "you" issue. This is happening everywhere, where people should be getting what was advertised for their country and not getting it. 

You keep posting the same regurgitated, cookie cutter, copy and paste answers for everyone.  Instead of blaming and pointing fingers at everyone else, why not take ownership and find a viable solution to everyones problem. We are not stupid don't treat us as such. 

Now what am I supposed to do wit my TV?  I want what was advertised, now how do I get that? I would like a solutions, not a copy paste answer. Or do I need to return it?  You can't be selling things to people that doesn't work as advertised.  Period.      

0 Kudos
fuzzbean
Channel Surfer

And one last thing.  Do not alter peoples messages on here like you did to my second post to suit your needs, There was nothing to hide but the truth it seems. No vulgar language was used - nothing inappropriate at all.

You took out complete sentences, wouldn't post a picture and burried my post from front page to somewhere I didn't put it so no one can see it.  

Everything that you are doing (or noit doing) is morally and ethically wrong.  Fix it!  

0 Kudos
Beerke
Reel Rookie

@RokuIrene-SI agree with @fuzzbean, I bought a EU device, I have an EU account and want access to a service availlable in the EU.

I contacted Amazon already, as proposed in another post, and they confirm that the issue lies with Roku since I am elligible to access those services. 

Either provide an adequate answer/solution or I am returning this player and going to the competition.

this truly is the worst customer support I have ever been in contact with...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Beerke, Roku isn't supported in the EU - it's supported in France, Germany, and the UK.  If you're not in one of those regions then channel availability will be what's available in the "Rest of World".  Most providers either don't understand that or don't want their content available in the entire world.

@fuzzbean, there's any number of reasons why your IP address can indicate you're in a different region including deliberate means used by people trying to hide their true location.  It's something that has to be eliminated as a cause of problems, so I don't understand why you're getting so upset about it.

I honestly don't think Roku is the device for either of you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fuzzbean
Channel Surfer

@renojim  I'm not upset. Not yet.  What I'd like is proper customer service and a product that works out of box as advertised in my area/country. If it doesn't work, I'd like to know why and have a proper fix/solution to it not cookie cutter answers.  This is no different than any other product that someone would by anywhere else that was advertized as (x) and got (y). The customer would want to know why and a solution.  If ther eis no solution, then say, ther is no solution and I'll figure something else out.  

As far as my IP goes, i don't try and hide myself.  It shows's my IP is in MTL, Canada using the site Roku rep asked me to use. I will contact my provider and know for sure.  If everything is legit, what next? I have a broken TV? There has to be a reason why it isn't working. I don't feel it is on my end, as there are many, many  people with the same problem.  If it was just me, that would be one thing, however I am definately not alone on this.  

Saying that a product isn't for someone instead of finding a solution is an easy way out. Like I said, if Roku says they have no solution to it, or use another brand TV, I will do so.  

This is my first Roku TV I bought and thinking it would work as any other smart TV because it was advertiszed as such. I was hesitant at first to buying it as I don't like going away from my usual brands. It was a good price and after all the good reviews I read on the internet, I decide to go for it.  Now I have to pack it up, got to a post office, send it off,  wait for refund, choose another TV, wait again, hook it up and have it work oout of box. This is my time I'm giving away on something that should be working out of box. 

If no one has any real solutions to the problem then that's fine, (just say so) I will get and use another brand TV.  Go back to what I know works.   

Thanks for your input though. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@fuzzbean wrote:

And one last thing.  Do not alter peoples messages on here like you did to my second post to suit your needs, There was nothing to hide but the truth it seems. No vulgar language was used - nothing inappropriate at all.

You took out complete sentences, wouldn't post a picture and burried my post from front page to somewhere I didn't put it so no one can see it.  

Everything that you are doing (or noit doing) is morally and ethically wrong.  Fix it!  

Yeah, they do that.  I've had them thank me for my posts and invite me to be one of their streaming experts but they still edit my posts and don't bother to let me know or tell me why. 

0 Kudos