Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

4800R, Firmware 10.5.21xx Audio issues

I'm noticing some unusual issues after the most recent 10.5 build.

1. HDMI audio settings. My AVR supports all Dolby formats but with 10.5. When selecting Passthrough and Auto Detect the only formats that show are Dolby Atmos and DTS.

2. Passthrough setting. Prior to this update, PCM would stream normally but in some cases, I'm getting left channel only. In addition, when changing the mode to surround format, it remains in PCM.

3. Auto Detect. I prefer NOT to use this setting since its limiting. But if I DO select it, surround formats aren't streaming properly. 

Personally I would like to know how to ROLL BACK to a pre-10.5 firmware version since these issues did NOT occur with my nearly new AVR. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters