Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

3810X stick+ won't update to S/W version 11

I have 3 Ruko units in my home. Two streaming stick+'s and an older 4630X.

One of the sticks and the 4630X have both updated to the latest firmware 11; the other stick, after doing a forced update still is on 10.5.0. 

Any idea's?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: 3810X stick+ won't update to S/W version 11

@Tom3holer  There isn’t a problem. I have 10 Roku devices. All of them are still on 10.5. It could take months before all the millions of Roku’s‘s across the world have updated to Roku 11. There isn’t anything you can do about it. Sit back and relax. It will come 

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

There doesn't seem to be much of a difference. I did try and do a manual update and it said all S/W is up to date. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Doesn’t matter if you do a manual or automatic. It will come when it does

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Tom3holer 

As indicated, the software will update eventually. Not everyone gets it at the same time. One of my devices got it the day they announced the launch, another got it last week, another this week, and others will get it some time in the future.

Oh, and, if it you're looking for some of the features that Roku announced, be aware that the features do not come with OS 11, but rather, they require OS 11. The features will roll out eventually, but may not be there when OS 11 is applied -- none of mine have the features yet. It's just that OS 11 will have to be there first.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."