Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gage241

3500x says no longer compatible

Tried opening Hulu, Netflix and other apps and am being told that my version is no longer supported? do I just need an update or do I need to buy a whole new Roku?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: 3500x says no longer compatible

Hi @Gage241

Thank you for reaching out here in Roku Community.

The device you are using can no longer support the most recent features. This means this device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. You can keep using your Roku player to stream the channels you currently have. However, you may lose access to some channels over time as those channel partners make updates.

If you haven't already upgraded your device, you can check our current available promotion on the website. 

Thank you for understanding. Let us know if you still have any other concerns. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3500x says no longer compatible

The 3500 was one of the two initial Roku Streaming Stick models introduced in 2014.  It's had a good run, but technology has moved on and it has now become obsolete.  It is incapable of running Roku operating software beyond version 11.0 (current release is 11.5) and many popular channel apps have dropped support for it.  It also uses a unique remote that is no longer available, should your current remote finally give up the ghost.

It's time to update to a current model.  You'll be astounded how much faster and responsive any of the current models are, compared to a 3500, plus you'll be able to load and run all available channel apps for years to come.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos