Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohnkern
Level 9

youtube and youtube.tv not loading on Roku TV

Yesterday we began to notice that in the list of channels, the graphic for youtube wasn't displaying, which was odd, but it still worked.

Now this morning, when we turned on the TV Youtube and youtube.tv when I tried to start them said "Not enough space to run this, remove some apps and try again (which kind of surprises me, because the Roku used to swap apps for space.

We do have a lot of apps, so we removed 60 (down from 300).  Still the same problem.

I'm on a TCL TV with a Roku express embeded.

I did notice that there was a TCL update yesterday and wonder if its related.

7 Replies
amaiyaharper
Level 7

YouTube won’t work

On my TCL roku tv, the YouTube channel will not work! Whenever I press into the YouTube channel it goes on a black screen the exits out! This happens every time and it’s getting frustrating.

makaiguy
Level 21

Re: YouTube won’t work

@amaiyaharper wrote:

On my TCL roku tv, the YouTube channel will not work! Whenever I press into the YouTube channel it goes on a black screen the exits out! This happens every time and it’s getting frustrating.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Taylortots
Level 7

This started happening to me yesterday as well. YouTube would close out every now and again but now i can’t watch more than 5 seconds of a video and iv restarted/uninstalled/reinstalled/updated everything and checked my WiFi connecting and still nothing 😔

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: youtube and youtube.tv not loading

@mohnkern 

Thanks for the post.

After removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding the channel back again.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

makaiguy
Level 21

@Tivoburkee wrote: