Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cleocohen

How to connect and play Wii on Roku TV

Hi there! I've been struggling to set up my wii (the original wii) to my Roku TV through an AV three color plug. I've tried everything I can think of but it will not allow me to change the tv input to the AV setting. 

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to connect and play Wii on Roku TV

@cleocohen 

Thanks for the post.

Do you have an A/V tile on the Home screen to select? If there is no A/V tile on your Home screen, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > AV > Set up input.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
blazer79

I have the 5121X TV. I am trying to connect a wii to it. I put the composite connection into the TV. Red in red plug, white in middle and yellow in the remaining plug. I go to settings, tv input, AV, I click on AV but I do not see the input on the Home Screen.

I went back to AV, hit remove, the confirm prompt comes up, on that page I can see the wii working (in a small screen) and I can control it from that screen, when I go back to Home Screen I see nothing for AV. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

blazer79

I got it connected. I unplugged the wii removed the AV connection in tv input, then added it again and then plugged the wii in. AV showed up on home screen.

verapackfan
Reel Rookie

This is the exact problem I am having. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos

I got the a/v installed, the wii shows up but won’t play any of my games

verapackfan
Reel Rookie

Solution: Connected the Wii to power and the av cables to the TV. Did a factory reset. Followed the prompts to set up the TV and when it prompted for devices I clicked on Wii. It connected and showed up as Wii as a channel on the home screen. Yay! Only problem is that the picture is not crisp and aspect is not full screen. 

7ak_47

How did u get it installed

0 Kudos
Dahnat19

Hello I connect my weird to my Roku TV and then when I go onto the AV setting all I can hear is this buzzing sound that I can hear the wii faintly in the background what do I do about that??