Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Den-den
Reel Rookie

white power light blinking every second but screen is black. What can I do to solve this issue ?

Jump to solution

I turned on the tv, it was on then turn off itself as no one was using it then the light start blinking. I went to turn it on, it continue to blink and but screen is black. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: white power light blinking every second but screen is black. What can I do to solve this issue ?

Jump to solution

@Den-den wrote:

I turned on the tv, it was on then turn off itself as no one was using it then the light start blinking. I went to turn it on, it continue to blink and but screen is black.

There should be a pinhole reset button on the back of the tv. It's unclear exactly how to use that (I've read different ways). The manual for your tv should say how to do it. Mine says to hold it down for about 20 seconds, until the front light flashes rapidly (or dims, I forget). Someone said they fixed a problem by unplugging the tv, holding the button down, and plugging in the tv while continuing to hold the button down. Again, about 15 seconds until the light flashes.

Before doing that, you could try simply unplugging for 30 minutes (or as long as you can. It wouldn't hurt to hold the power button for a few seconds to discharge any stored energy too.). Sometimes that fixes problem.

How old is your tv? 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: white power light blinking every second but screen is black. What can I do to solve this issue ?

Jump to solution

@Den-den wrote:

There should be a pinhole reset button on the back of the tv. It's unclear exactly how to use that (I've read different ways). The manual for your tv should say how to do it. Mine says to hold it down for about 20 seconds, until the front light flashes rapidly (or dims, I forget). Someone said they fixed a problem by unplugging the tv, holding the button down, and plugging in the tv while continuing to hold the button down. Again, about 15 seconds until the light flashes.

Before doing that, you could try simply unplugging for 30 minutes (or as long as you can. It wouldn't hurt to hold the power button for a few seconds to discharge any stored energy too.). Sometimes that fixes problem.

How old is your tv? 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Den-den
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s like almost 3 years old 

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If the unplug reset, nor the pinhole hardware reset doesn't fix it, you might google about the problem. There's a lot of instructions about how to replace the few boards in these tvs. 

0 Kudos