Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Web Browser

Jump to solution

Do we have a web browser application on Roku to browse the websites on TV just like Android TVs? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

applying google chrome to my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello there I need some assistance with downloading or applying google chrome to my TCL Roku TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No Web Browser or Amazon App

Jump to solution

I don't understand why every device in the world has a web browser but Roku, this is 2020, not 2000

Why does Roku have stuff like HSN channel but no Amazon channel?

Highlighted
Level 21

Re: No Web Browser or Amazon App

Jump to solution

A Roku player makes a worthless web browsing device. You need a keyboard and mouse, as that's what web pages are designed for. There have been a couple of attempts to create browsers, but they simply don't work well at all on this platform. My Shield players and my TVs have browsers built in or as an available app, and they're just as worthless on those devices. 

Prime Video and Prime Music are both available on Roku devices. But they might be geo-location restricted. I have them on all my Roku devices and they work fine. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted

Internet browser?

Jump to solution

I bought this because the lady in the store said it was just like any other smart TV.

But I can not figure out how to get it to a basic internet screen to type a URL into the browser.  Am I going nuts or does this smart tv not capable of that?  It would be nice to check Facebook and my company website on it.

Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Internet

Jump to solution

Roku does not support Browsers.

They are not full fledged computers.

TV's are TV's computers are computers.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is Roku ever going to add an internet browser?

Jump to solution

I was wondering whether Roku has any plans to add a browser channel so full internet support is possible.

Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Is Roku ever going to add an internet browser?

Jump to solution

Highly unlikely.  A useable browser requires much more processing power than a streamer.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos