Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidreed60
Reel Rookie

volume issues with Roku TVL Tv after last update

Okay what's going on with the recent update. Today is May 23rd 2021. At one point they had fixed the issue but now it's back to the same problem with the volume being far too low on all applications including over the air. We're having to turn the TV up at least 20 plus increments then before. In other words if the volume is set at 55 it was okay but now we're having to turn it up to 75. This is a recent change since a recent update apparently. This is on everything Netflix regular over the air and so forth. Already gone through all of the steps and I'm totally aware of the different settings none of them are making any difference currently setting it to voice is a slight improvement. I don't know why they don't allow you a way to adjust the equalizer or customize. This is a recent change as it was better several updates ago now it's back to extremely low volume. Please look into this issue and advise. Again this is on a TCL Roku TV and pertaining to a recent update within the last week or two.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
pegT

Re: volume issues with Roku TVL Tv after last update

I have a TCL Roku TV and I have the same problem.  Volume is ok with some videos, but too low to hear dialogue on other.  

No reply here yet?

0 Kudos
Davidreed60
Reel Rookie

I'm about ready to give up. I talked to TCL and Roku both of them give you reset instructions which I have done. However after it does the updates you go back to the same issue with the volume. Neither one of them want to claim responsibility for an issue concerning being able to control the volume properly. When I first bought the televisions I never had this issue and would rarely have to turn it up above 55. Now often I have to turn it up to 85 totally ridiculous. I'm not sure if separate devices do the same thing or not but I know I will not be buying a combo package like a TCL Roku TV ever again.

0 Kudos
pegT

And apparently they don't monitor this blog : (  I won't ever get another #TCL Roku either

Maybe it's an intentional ploy to get you to buy a separate sound bar? 

0 Kudos