Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbev555
Level 7

two tv's controlled by one remote

Jump to solution

I have two TV's in one room one sharp (w\roku, and one onn w\roku) I want to use each remote for the tv it came with but each remote controls both tv's, I'm assuming that they are both on the same ir channel or something like that. What can I do to make sure the remote from one tv doesn't interfere with the other. ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: two tv's controlled by one remote

Jump to solution

Your only remedy is two buy two wifi voice remotes for each tv, and abandon the original IR remotes for good. You can get them at walmart or best buy. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Strega
Level 14

Jump to solution

Many years ago, I had a fancy VCR that had a switch on the remote and the VCR to select code set 1 or code set 2.  This allowed you to have two in the same room so you could copy/edit tapes between them using the remotes.  However, I don't ever recall seeing such a feature on a TV. 

I searched and found this interesting thread:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-TV-remote-controlling-Vizio-TV-and-vice-versa...

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Your only remedy is two buy two wifi voice remotes for each tv, and abandon the original IR remotes for good. You can get them at walmart or best buy. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos