Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamescobban
Reel Rookie

tv cannot connect to streaming services

My SHARP TV with Roku is connected to my high speed internet router by an Ethernet cable.  When I do a speed test from other cable connected devices I have 25Mbps download speed.  When I ask the roku network setting it assured me I have over 10Mbps.  But ALL subscribed streaming channels are failing to connect.  For example Netflix reports error tvq-st-142.  I can access all of the streaming services from other devices on my home network including a Wi-Fi attached tablet and cable connected PCs.  I have tried power8ng the TV off and on.  I have tried unplugging the TV.  I have manually reset the internet.  I do not want to go out and buy a brand new TV just because Roku is **bleep**ed up.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: tv cannot connect to streaming services

Hi @jamescobban

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Have you tried connecting your Roku to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
baloonatic

I have done EVERYTHING!! 

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @baloonatic

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We'd like to know how we can help with your streaming services. Can you provide us more information so that we can further assist you?
Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos