Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamiaxo
Level 7

tv blacking out & whining sound

my tv keep blacking out but the sound & everything is working it also makes this whining sound when it’s about to black out again...help please
0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: tv blacking out & whining sound

That sounds like a power supply issue in the TV. What make and model TV do you have? How old is it? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
kamiaxo
Level 7

i have a TCL ROKU manufacturered june 2018
0 Kudos
kamiaxo
Level 7

TCL - 32" Class - LED - 3-Series - 720p - Smart - HDTV Roku TV
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

OK, manufactured in June of last year but when did you buy it? I believe they come with a one year warranty from date of purchase. But you would have to contact TCL about that, not Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
kamiaxo
Level 7

i bought it at the beginning of this month
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@kamiaxo wrote:
i bought it at the beginning of this month

Absolutely under warranty then. Depending on where you bought it you might be able to just exchange it at the store. Otherwise you'll need to contact TCL for a warranty claim. 

Dan
0 Kudos
SkiSmuggs
Level 7

We had a blackout problem, had parts repaired under warranty and the problems continued. It turned out to be the old cheap thumb drive we were using for the pause function.  Replaced with a new SanDisk thumb drive and all is good.

0 Kudos