Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w-kat
Reel Rookie

tcl 55r625 Roku tv - no video with only one season of one show on only one channel

Jump to solution

thankfully this is not happening on all my channels, but it is something I'd like to resolve.  The problem of no video (dark screen) happens when watching Series 6 of a tv show on Acorn channel on my TCL 55r625 Roku tv.

Across the top of my tv is a very thin white line, as if this is the only portion of video that can be seen, but I'm not sure. Audio works fine. When I try to access the TV settings by pressing the star button on the remote, only a slightly darker grey area pops out from the side, the settings are not visible. When viewing any other season of the same tv show on Acorn, both the video and the tv settings work as expected.

I thought it was an Acorn TV issue, but I have tested these episodes on another tv with a Roku stick on the same home network. They worked fine. I've asked family to view these episodes on their Roku device and Acorn and they have no problems.

I am able to see these Series 6 episodes when I access them using the Roku channel on the TCL, which would make it appear to be an Acorn issue, but there are no problems using Acorn to view them anywhere else.

I've done all the suggestions found for others who have video issues....unplug, uninstall channel, router restart, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: tcl 55r625 Roku tv - no video with only one season of one show on only one channel

Jump to solution

@w-kat

Thanks for the post.

If this issue is only happening on the Acorn TV channel on this specific content and you are able to play other content on that channel fine, this would appear to be an issue with the channel itself.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Acorn TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn TV support here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: tcl 55r625 Roku tv - no video with only one season of one show on only one channel

Jump to solution

@w-kat

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

-specific title that you see this issue occur
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-screenshot/image of the issue

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
w-kat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku brand and model: TCL Roku tv A109X, model 55r625

SN X00300WXKHUU

Software: 10.0.0 build 4197-88

Device ID: S054Y04XKHUU

Channel: only Acorn TV, version 4.6 build 210516

Title: Midsomer Murders, Series 6 only

Tracker ID: UU-231-690

Steps to reproduce: Start Acorn TV channel, go to Series 6, any episode, press Play

PXL_20210610_210958190.jpg

white line across the top, dark screen everywhere else, audio works fine.

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@w-kat

Thanks for the post.

If this issue is only happening on the Acorn TV channel on this specific content and you are able to play other content on that channel fine, this would appear to be an issue with the channel itself.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Acorn TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn TV support here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
w-kat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I thought that it was something to do with the Acorn TV channel as you suggested, but why would the Acorn TV channel play this exact same content on another TV with a Roku device on the same home network?

I took the Roku stick off my kitchen tv and plugged it into the TCL Roku tv and accessed Acorn TV channel and was able to play these episodes without any issues. It is only the Roku TV that has the problem.

Thanks again for your help! may not ever solve this one, so fortunately it's only 5 episodes.

0 Kudos
TallenB

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @TallenB

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos