Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

sync issues with Roku TV

I've had AV sync problems with several TCL Roku TVs.  First was a 55" series 4, now a 65" 65R635.  I've tried a Vizio soundbar and a TCL soundbar.  I've spent hours troubleshooting with TCL and almost two more hours on the phone with them yesterday.  TCL finally acknowledged that the problem is the Roku software on the TV and that supposedly Roku's next firmware update to V10 will fix the issue.   My TV is currently at V9.4. 

I almost bought a Hisense 65" 9G Android TV but I decided on the TCL because it has eARC and the Hisense doesn't.   The Roku also passes through more audio formats.  Unfortunately I made the wrong choice.  Should have bought the Hisense android instead. 

So without a real solution, I'm stuck waiting impatiently for Roku to fix it in their firmware update. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BrigRee
Reel Rookie

Re: sync issues with Roku TV

Voice & lips out of sync. Tried so many settings and time, nothing worked; until I just unplugged the HDMI cable out of the Roku box waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in.   Voila.

This is a continuous problem within the last 6 months.   

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gunch
Reel Rookie

Been having the same issue with my six series. Going into settings and restarting the TV seems to fix the issue for a bit, sometimes a few days, sometimes a few hours, but eventually it gets out of sync again.

A bigger issue has popped up since the upgrade to the new 10.0 OS, and that's the audio just goes away sometimes. Normally it's when switching apps, but sometimes I'll be in the Youtube app, and when I switch from one video to another the audio is just gone. The easiest way to fix it is to get up, unplug the HDMI from the earc port on the back of the TV and plug it back in. And the audio sync issue is still there. 

Similar issue pops up every few days where Dolby Vision just won't work until I do a restart in the settings menu. I was in a similar position as you, choosing between the TCL Roku and a few other TVs, and unless Roku (or TCL) can get this figured out, I'll probably avoid Roku and TCL TVs in the future. 

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

@Gunch wrote:

Been having the same issue with my six series. Going into settings and restarting the TV seems to fix the issue for a bit, sometimes a few days, sometimes a few hours, but eventually it gets out of sync again.

A bigger issue has popped up since the upgrade to the new 10.0 OS, and that's the audio just goes away sometimes. Normally it's when switching apps, but sometimes I'll be in the Youtube app, and when I switch from one video to another the audio is just gone. The easiest way to fix it is to get up, unplug the HDMI from the earc port on the back of the TV and plug it back in. And the audio sync issue is still there. 

Similar issue pops up every few days where Dolby Vision just won't work until I do a restart in the settings menu. I was in a similar position as you, choosing between the TCL Roku and a few other TVs, and unless Roku (or TCL) can get this figured out, I'll probably avoid Roku and TCL TVs in the future. 

The TCL Alto 9+ soundbar (TCL's flagship soundbar) was even worse.  I can't adequately express in words what a POS that thing was.  It contributed to the audio sync issues and the new firmware (2.9) which was supposed to fix all the problems ended up completely breaking the soundbar instead and making it unusable.  It's now sitting in my garage gathering dust while I wait for TCL to figure out what to do.  They even sent me a new soundbar but that one had the 2.9 firmware on it too so it was also useless.

But even with their soundbar out of the equation and replaced by a much better LG soundbar, the TV still has audio sync problems.  It's most noticeable in the built-in Netflix app and ironically, in Roku's own Roku channel.   I've had to give up on using the built-in Netflix app and have been using an Apple TV 4K, which I only bought because Roku no longer carries the Spectrum app, for most of my streaming apps. 

0 Kudos
Gunch
Reel Rookie

I'm using a Samsung - HW-Q70T, but almost went with the TCL Alto 9+. It's to the point that I don't know for sure if it's a TCL issue, or a more broad Roku issue causing all my issues, at the end of the day it doesn't matter, I'm regretting the purchase. I'm about tired of having to go into settings and hit restart once a day. The new issue of causing the soundbar to just lose audio completely might be the last straw. Not sure if I want to simply return it to Best Buy and get a whole new set, or try and exchange it for another 6 Series in hopes the issues are more related to just this set (which doesn't seem to be the case after reading so much on Reddit and these forums.) 

0 Kudos
BrigRee
Reel Rookie

Oh dear, sorry about your sync trouble. Our Vizio sound bar hasn't caused any other issues. Do get an occasional "Format Not Supported" with a few movies.

0 Kudos