Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: stuck in reboot loop on wireless scan

@Naveen1 

How did you find the phone number to call? If it was a web search, I can guarantee that you reached scammers. You can't search and find Roku's support number, as it's not publicized. It sounds to me like you gave them access to your account, and they have taken control of it. First thing, try logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com. If you can log in, immediately change the password. But I have a feeling you won't be able to log in. In that case, create a new Roku account, do a hard reset on your Roku devices, and register them to the new account. 

Roku does not charge any fees for accounts, registration or support. If you paid them any money, immediately contest the charge on your credit card. Once you create a new Roku account, they won't be able to control your devices again. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can't connect to WiFi even with excellent connect

Same here! I unplugged from the wall unplugged router, reset to factory settings and it won’t connect. Now it’s stuck on “ looking for wireless networks” screen!!! I haven’t had this tv long. My internet has never been a problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku TV is stuck in wireless scan. It will not connect to my At&T Fiber service for internet. Other TV and phones are working. What’s wrong. It is  only couple years old.  I’ve trued the suggestions people made on this site—no help. I have not reset factory because I read where some people tv unusable and I can see local tv so far. Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Kalford wrote:

My Roku TV is stuck in wireless scan. It will not connect to my At&T Fiber service for internet. Other TV and phones are working. What’s wrong. It is  only couple years old.  I’ve trued the suggestions people made on this site—no help. I have not reset factory because I read where some people tv unusable and I can see local tv so far. Help

First thing to check is if your wireless is set to only use the 5 GHz radio. Not all TVs support 5 GHz. And even the Roku devices that are dual band will not work on what are labeled DFS channels. That would be a channel number above 48 but below 149. You can't use those.

If your wireless is on 2.4 GHz, then the Roku TV should see any available channel. Interference from other devices could cause a problem sometimes, so making a channel change might help here. Sometimes during initial setup it simply doesn't see your wireless, but can see a hotspot from your phone or a MiFi. If that works, use it to complete your initial setup and then see if it can find your network after it's done. For some unknown reason that has worked for others. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos