Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: stuck in reboot loop on wireless scan

@Naveen1 

How did you find the phone number to call? If it was a web search, I can guarantee that you reached scammers. You can't search and find Roku's support number, as it's not publicized. It sounds to me like you gave them access to your account, and they have taken control of it. First thing, try logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com. If you can log in, immediately change the password. But I have a feeling you won't be able to log in. In that case, create a new Roku account, do a hard reset on your Roku devices, and register them to the new account. 

Roku does not charge any fees for accounts, registration or support. If you paid them any money, immediately contest the charge on your credit card. Once you create a new Roku account, they won't be able to control your devices again. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jenb1
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't connect to WiFi even with excellent connect

Same here! I unplugged from the wall unplugged router, reset to factory settings and it won’t connect. Now it’s stuck on “ looking for wireless networks” screen!!! I haven’t had this tv long. My internet has never been a problem. 

0 Kudos
Kalford

My Roku TV is stuck in wireless scan. It will not connect to my At&T Fiber service for internet. Other TV and phones are working. What’s wrong. It is  only couple years old.  I’ve trued the suggestions people made on this site—no help. I have not reset factory because I read where some people tv unusable and I can see local tv so far. Help

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Kalford wrote:

My Roku TV is stuck in wireless scan. It will not connect to my At&T Fiber service for internet. Other TV and phones are working. What’s wrong. It is  only couple years old.  I’ve trued the suggestions people made on this site—no help. I have not reset factory because I read where some people tv unusable and I can see local tv so far. Help

First thing to check is if your wireless is set to only use the 5 GHz radio. Not all TVs support 5 GHz. And even the Roku devices that are dual band will not work on what are labeled DFS channels. That would be a channel number above 48 but below 149. You can't use those.

If your wireless is on 2.4 GHz, then the Roku TV should see any available channel. Interference from other devices could cause a problem sometimes, so making a channel change might help here. Sometimes during initial setup it simply doesn't see your wireless, but can see a hotspot from your phone or a MiFi. If that works, use it to complete your initial setup and then see if it can find your network after it's done. For some unknown reason that has worked for others. 

Dan

0 Kudos
MaineHenry

Hi,

I was able to resolve this problem by going to advanced system settings, Network connection reset.

Then I was able to scan and reconnect the wireless network.

Thanks,

Henry

CEDLD3413

Thank you, Henry! This worked for me, as well. (Settings- System- Advanced system settings- Network connection reset). I was able to complete my wireless scan after this reset and select my network, I just needed to re-enter my Wifi password. 

0 Kudos
Daisy2

My TV won't get past the searching for wireless network screen. It keeps going on for a while, it won't let me back out of the screen I have to turn my TV completely off to get back to regular television. 

0 Kudos
Jda3333

My TCL Roku TV is stuck in same position “looking for wireless networks”. TV is less than one year old and has worked great until I just moved began setup process at new property and now TV does not function. @RokuTannerD @Can you please provide some guidance here??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jda3333,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would recommend starting to look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku Support
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.
Keep us posted with what you find out

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

TCL TVs have a reputation of bad solder connections on their WiFi antenna connections. Users have been able to open the TV case, find the WiFi module, and simply resolder the ground connection to the module enclosure. I realize that not everyone has a soldering iron lying around the house. But it's a possible issue with a TCL TV.

Dan

0 Kudos