Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

sound bar and TCL TV questions

Jump to solution

I am trying to figure out if I can use any sound bar with my TCL Roku TV.  I use 2 different inputs along with the built in channels.  I want all the audio to go through the sound bar.  I am confused on how to attach various cords to do this.  

Is it possible to 

1) Use an optical cord to connect the sound bar and route all audio to this sound bar regardless of input?

2) Control the volume on the sound bar with the TV remote?

TV model: TCL Model 55S401

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: sound bar and TCL TV questions

Jump to solution

@32  Thanks for reaching out here. You should be able to use any soundbar with your TCL TV. IT will either need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, or via an optical audio cable, if your model offers this feature. You should be able to control a connected soundbar or A/V receiver if it supports HDMI ARC &
CEC, but only if connected via the HDMI ARC port. I would recommend reaching out to TCL support for more information about your specific model. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: sound bar and TCL TV questions

Jump to solution

@32  Thanks for reaching out here. You should be able to use any soundbar with your TCL TV. IT will either need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, or via an optical audio cable, if your model offers this feature. You should be able to control a connected soundbar or A/V receiver if it supports HDMI ARC &
CEC, but only if connected via the HDMI ARC port. I would recommend reaching out to TCL support for more information about your specific model. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos