Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

sharp roku tv always streams netflix in 5.1 and sounds low.

I have 2 sharp roku tvs and every time I watch something on netflix the volume is low seems like no matter how much I raise the volume it still sounds low. I noticed it was because netflix always switches the audio to 5.1. Once I switch it to, English [Original] the sound is very loud and normal. Every time I watch something on netflix even if I click next episode it goes back to, English [Original] (5.1) , and I have to switch it to, English [Original]. Does anyone know if there is any way to keep the audio on my desired setting. I noticed this doesn't happen with my roku stick.

Also I noticed on my channel guide the numbers and some of the info is really dark does anyone know anything about that.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: sharp roku tv always streams netflix in 5.1 and sounds low.

@manny23 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos