Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjayN
Binge Watcher

sharp roku tv Model: LC-65q7370U flashes Sharp-Ruku Logo and Reboots (approx 10 sec once )

Hello All

This seems to be a common issue observed by many Hisense manufactured Sharp TVs and it started happening effect Wednesday, Mar 30th, 2022. My TV model is 2018 purchased during Thanks Giving Day.

It was playing fine and it went all of a sudden starting this day. I doubt on SW update issue.

TV boot image works fine to bring up the logo but it appears that it does not find Roku Software load on the main SoC, hence fails to bring up the Roku application that shows up system menu ( Roku TV applications)

The root cause of this could be  1) corrupted software or 2) Some hardware issue. 

I want to check 1) if it's due to wrong update.  Can I try USB based image for boot software to load the correct image? Can someone give me what is the best firmware for my model?

I contacted Hisense customer care (1-888-935-8880), he suggested  that Roku owns/delivers the software for my TV, hence i should be looking for Roku support team for this help. Can Roku take the responsibility?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: sharp roku tv Model: LC-65q7370U flashes Sharp-Ruku Logo and Reboots (approx 10 sec once )

You can download the firmware from https://tvupdate.roku.com/ to put on a USB flash drive.  When it asks for the model number make sure you use the Roku model number displayed under Settings->System->About and not the TV model number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sanjayN
Binge Watcher

Re: sharp roku tv Model: LC-65q7370U flashes Sharp-Ruku Logo and Reboots (approx 10 sec once )

This TV right now is booting and showing up Framebuffer level bitmap of logo and reboots.

I don't have any means to get to the Settings->System->About  screens. It is all part of the Roku application yet to be booted /launched.

Can Roku account tell me what should be my Roku model ? I do see in my account the Roku S/N though.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You might want to try a factory reset.  I think there should be a reset button on the back.  Use a paperclip or something similar to press and hold it for at least 30 seconds with the power connected.

I've been trying to keep a list of Roku TVs and their model numbers and I think yours is Roku model 7236X.  I don't know of any way to get that without the About screen or searching the Internet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sanjayN
Binge Watcher

Thanks but i want to be sure that my Roku model is correct. Can ROKU tech support team be able to give me the model number , exactly for my device?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@sanjayN  Your model number is written on the tag on the back of your TV like all other TVs. 

0 Kudos
sanjayN
Binge Watcher

@Ello2022 , The Sharp TV model is known LC-65q7370U, but I am asking about Roku Model  

@renojim  mentioned about it in this thread, which is likely to be - 7236X . Before I go with that , I wan to know if anybody from roku support team confirm me on that

regards

sanjay

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@sanjayN  Confirm what? Roku did not make your TV. Sharp did. If your reading the tag on your TV then that’s it. You have a Sharp Roku TV. It is defined by the Sharp model number. You don’t need any sort of Roku model number to do a factory reset on your TV

0 Kudos
sanjayN
Binge Watcher

@Ello2022  Sorry if I have not clarified the overall status.

I called Sharp customer care center. The ODM is Hense. They said that the product software is released by Roku and asked me to contact Roku. They don't maintain the Roku software for the models.

Now Roku has USB stick manual boot applications but they are asking 

Roku Model and Roku Number for my TV. They are totally different than the sticker at the back of the TV.

I hope I have clarified what I know. If I am wrong please let me know.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

0 Kudos