Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjreese
Reel Rookie

roku tv wont find internet

my tv disconnected from the wifi now it can not find my internet. i have rest both the tv and router and it still will not find it. What can i do

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku tv wont find internet

What brand Roku TV? Does it see any wireless networks, or is it just not seeing yours? Is your Internet provider a cable company?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cjreese
Reel Rookie

It is a jvc and it won't find any wireless networks 

0 Kudos
atc98092

That sounds like it's potentially a hardware issue. You have to contact JVC for that, since they made the TV. This post provides the contact information you need. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Cjreese 

Who is your ISP? Comcast/Xfinity?

They and other ISPs have been messing around with router settings on devices they manage. In some cases they've disabled the 2.4 GHz network, and with others, they've changed the settings from b/g/n to g/n. In both those cases, a Roku that only connects on a 2.4 GHz network won't be able to.

I'm not sure if all Roku TVs are dual band, meaning they support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. If your supports 5 GHz, and you have a network broadcasting on 5 GHz, then none of what I'm saying applies to your situation.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos