cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku soundbar remote will not search using voice

Jump to solution

2 newly bought roku soundbars  would not search by voice the next day.  I tried factory settings on one of them.  Still will not work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku soundbar remote will not search using voice

Jump to solution

@jeff4272 

Thanks for the post.

Please try restarting your device/power cycling and then check for a manual update to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

For more information about how to check manually for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jeff4272 

Thank for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

R64992599228

R649C5663960

RU9641006333 OLD WITH NO VOICE SEARCH.

AND HOW DO I DELETE A WRONG POST THAT I MADE TO COMMUNITY? I CAN EDIT BUT NOT DELETE ENTIRELY.  THANKS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

After my Roku Soundbar updated to 9.3 build 4178-95 I'm having problems with voice search. It will allow you to search by actor's name, but trying to MUTE, UP VOLUME, or change to particular app like Youtube Tv or Apple tv no go. My Roku tv took an update on the same day to 9.3 build 4182-30 and its voice search is working fine. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jeff4272 @Tivoburkee 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please send me a PM with the following information:

-Roku Soundbar brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-current OS
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did you start seeing this issue?

Please send me in a PM the above information, along with your Roku account email address and a screenshot of the About screen. I'll be able to pass along this information to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

only up to this then stops with no results of voice searchonly up to this then stops with no results of voice searchmy old roku with no voice search but in the same roku accountmy old roku with no voice search but in the same roku accountroku soundbar 1roku soundbar 1roku soundbar 2roku soundbar 2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jeff4272 

Thanks for the post.

Please try restarting your device/power cycling and then check for a manual update to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

For more information about how to check manually for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos