cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wfdiver
Level 8

roku soundbar reboots

Jump to solution

roku soundbar reboots after a few minutes then is ok after this first reboot. I have only seen it reboot a second time once. Does not look like this is getting any answers in the forum.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wfdiver
Level 8

Re: roku soundbar reboots

Jump to solution

add me to this stupid reboot issue. how hard can i tbe for ROKU to fix this!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
wfdiver
Level 8

Jump to solution

add me to this stupid reboot issue. how hard can i tbe for ROKU to fix this!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BKCAT
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and seems like a new device to have this kind of issue. I hope there is a fix.

0 Kudos
wfdiver
Level 8

Jump to solution

people are telling me to return it and get a sonos but I assume there will be an update eventually to fix this. So I am sticking with the ROKU for now. Hoping for a fix.

0 Kudos
Kendroz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kendroz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kendroz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

been watching netflix and then image got frozen, black screen and reboot. Red led on the soundbar and reboot. After reboot unit works well. It happens some days. My previous unit worked well (non 4k).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kendroz

Thanks for the post.

Is this issue only happening on the Netflix channel or does it happen on all channels you are watching? Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wfdiver
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny I was told ROKU was working on the reboot issue when I first power up. It happens every time without failure. I power up go into any application, hulu, netflix. Get into the news or something and get booted back to the main menu and have to select hulu again and it works fine from that point. Until the next time I boot up. I wanted to send the soundbar back but they said you all were working on it. Maybe having to do with spectrum. What is the status of the work effort. I work a support role and always giving customer status from development when they call. Is there a work effort number I can use to track this issue?

Thanks, Dale

0 Kudos
Kendroz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

i did this: settings, system, advanced  system settings, advanced display settings, auto adjust display rate and check on. It was off.

as today it is working.

0 Kudos