Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taty3215
Level 7

remote pairing for Roku TV

my tv isn’t connected to the wifi in my new apartment and so i could not use the roku app for the remote in order to connect it (i lost the old remote) so i spent $30 on a new remote because all the articles were saying i needed a remote to be able to connect the wifi but the new remote isn’t working! and yes i tried all the solutions i could find on roku support. i got new batteries, i plugged out the power cord, i took the batteries out about 100 times. nothing is working. i’m not sure if there’s a solution but if there’s not i would like my money back and i’m unsure of how to go about that 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: remote pairing

What is model number of the new remote? Is the it a Roku tv? What brand is it? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
taty3215
Level 7

idk how to find the model number of the remote? but the tv is an insignia roku tv

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Look in the battery compartment under the batteries for something like RC-AL?

Edmund
0 Kudos
taty3215
Level 7

RC-AL7

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Okay, there are two ways to pair a remote to Roku tv, through the menu:

settings> remote & devices> pair a new device> remote> follow the prompts.

Since you don't have a way to make it through the menu, no working remote. You have to unplug the power from the tv, plug it back in when the roku is bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment, when the roku stops bouncing release the key for a bit and start pressing again until you get conformation its paired. If it doesn''t work initially, do it AGAIN. 

Edmund