Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EErickson05
Binge Watcher

"Not connected to internet" after pressing asterisk (star) button on Roku TV

Hello,

When I press the asterisk button on a home screen app tile, my TCL 6 series Roku TV displays a message  that I'm "not connected to the internet" instead of displaying the option menu to delete, move, etc the app. For example I want to uninstall an app from the home screen and after pressing the asterisk button I get that error. Otherwise the asterisk key operates normally while watching video content. 

I have restarted my tv, unplugged it, checked my network connection etc, everything seems to be fine but no amount of resets work. Has anyone come across this issue? 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Not connected to internet" after pressing asterisk (star) button

@EErickson05 

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-image of the error message you see

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 Roku Ultra 4670X with the Stremium channel. After checking for Roku updates on one, it showed updating channels, naming 2 of the three channels being updated (Stremium not named as one). After a restart, I could no longer locate Stremium. I followed the link at stremium.com to the Roku channel store in an attempt to reinstall it, but failed.

I checked my other Rokus and found Stremium still there and operating normally except for the fact that when selecting the channel at the Roku home screen, the * option menu fails to open, displaying “No connection to the internet – Please check your network connection and try again.”

Because of that I can neither see the channel version and build, nor remove the channel prior to reinstalling (although I could perform the same update on the other two to see if removing the channel that way would allow me to reinstall).

All three Ultra 4670X are at version 10.0.0 build 4198.

Same info has been emailed to Stremium support.

0 Kudos
tanukisan
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the exact same issue. The issue is with the Stremium app. I reported this to Stremium support and their response was the  following:

"We're undergoing certification testing for the public Roku store so they said there could be 24 hours when our channel is transitioning where it's unavailable.  We'll get it back online as soon as we're published."

As to whether this is true or not I have no idea. Would be really nice for Roku support to confirm Stremium is working with them to certify and publish their new public app, and approximately how long we can expect the down time to be. I have 3 Roku boxes. First the Ultra lost the Stremium channel, and now one of the R3's has lost it, too. It's only a matter of time before the Stremium app completely disappears from the Roku platform. More discussion on this over on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Stremium/ 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem as it relates to the beta Stremium app is moot as it is now available as a Roku-certified app in the Roku store. 

Stremium | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku

0 Kudos
biggy
Reel Rookie

Re: "Not connected to internet" after pressing asterisk (star) button on Roku TV

This is happening for both my Roku 3 devices and on every channel I click on the asterisk for. Also, Disney+ on both Rokus is giving me a message that it's not connected to the internet but other channels are working fine.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: "Not connected to internet" after pressing asterisk (star) button on Roku TV

Hi @biggy

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? Have you tried removing the affected channel, restarting your Roku TV, and then adding the channel back in? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
biggy
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to remove any channel because the asterisk button won't load the channel information.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@biggy

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network or tried switching other another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue regarding your wireless connectivity?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjwiggy

Same problem here. I want to remove a channel and re-install it but the option button doesn't work.

I have a 3810RW Streaming Stick +

0 Kudos