Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmaric1
Reel Rookie

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Hisense Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Richnord wrote:

I agree 100%. I have no doubt that when I go home after work I'll have no channels again. I've been pissing with it for 3 days now I'm too stubborn too give up

A new OS update to 9.4 labeled build 4190-94 just became available under system update. I updated and then I re-scanned for channels but unfortunately still no channels were found. I was hoping this update would fix the problem but no luck!

IanMcD17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"You need a pin or similar object and place it in a hole just under where your satellite cable goes. Hold it in until your TV turns off then on again. I hope this fixes the issue for anyone who's having trouble."

OK, so I did this and I have broadcast channels now.   Thank you. It the TV in "recovery mode and I had to reconnect the WiFi connection it seems to be OK now.   Thank you!

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've done this and it didn't help me at all. I have the latest O.S. 9.4.0 build 4190-94 and still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
searchinchannel
Reel Rookie

Onn won't find OTA channels

Jump to solution

I had all sorts of problems getting this Onn Roku to connect to my wired internet. Before ANY thing else was configured I did an OTA scan and it pulled in everything I expected and more. I kept messing with the network connection and finally figured out it was an issue with the router not assigning a DHCP address to a device with "special characters". Changed that bit in the router and the TV connected right away. It went through its various updates and added the streaming channels I selected. I then went back to add the OTA channels again and now all of the sudden it says no channels were found. I've restarted multiple times, swapped cables, all the obvious stuff, etc. I have other TV's and stereos with no issues OTA. Again, the OTA channels on the onn Roku worked fine out of the box, it was only after finally getting the network issues figured out and the updates taked care of that I had issues. Any advice?

0 Kudos
searchinchannel
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn won't find OTA channels

Jump to solution

So I decided to start all over. I did a factory reset and went straight to the channel scan without setting up the network. It still did not find anything. It seems the update did something to screw up the tuner.

0 Kudos
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Hisense 58R Roku TV is doing the same thing. Guide show channels with full signal bars but all the OTA channels are blank. Did a re-scan and now nothing shows up.  Did a full factory re-set after checking for upgrade that showed I am on latest version.  Re-set did nothing.  I used one of the secret menus to do an update and everything worked again only to go back to the same problem 2 days later. Getting extremely upset with Roku TV and their upgrade problems. I can't be doing re-installs every few days and re-doing all my preferences and app passwords.   Fix this update. You're ruining my TV.

Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@diplexer wrote:

My Hisense 58R Roku TV is doing the same thing. Guide show channels with full signal bars but all the OTA channels are blank. Did a re-scan and now nothing shows up.  Did a full factory re-set after checking for upgrade that showed I am on latest version.  Re-set did nothing.  I used one of the secret menus to do an update and everything worked again only to go back to the same problem 2 days later. Getting extremely upset with Roku TV and their upgrade problems. I can't be doing re-installs every few days and re-doing all my preferences and app passwords.   Fix this update. You're ruining my TV.

Ya the only temporary fix I can come up with is to unplug the tv while it's on sometimes plugging right back in or waiting 5-6 seconds (which can't be good) and you may have to rescan for channels 

0 Kudos
RCStyle187

Re: Antenna channels on my ONN Roku TV

Jump to solution

You're in better shape than me. My 2 day old TV will not pick up a single channel. Tested 3 different antennas and placed in 3 different rooms. Still nothing. The tuner is definitely world class garbage. As the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". Coincidentally everything else works flawlessly.

Dan20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think it’s something with the software. I have this problem with my new TCL. Unfortunately I powered it on with Ethernet plugged in and let it update during setup, and nothing I do will successfully scan my ota channels. I’ve done all variances of resets, unplugging, recovery mode, etc to no avail. When telling it to use 3 and 4 and digging up old rf equipment, the rf is fine, so the tuner isn’t dead. Also the channel scan is slow and pauses as it detects channels as expected, but always comes up nothing found. If I do it with nothing attached, it’s much quicker as progresses consistently, so that tells me there is some sort of life going on during the scan.

0 Kudos
searchinchannel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I scanned again the morning after posting this and it found everything again. The only difference in scans was about 12 hours. Very strange but mine seems to be working fine now. I've never spent so much time setting up a tv before though.

0 Kudos