Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Draco200
Reel Rookie

picture qaulity, Roku 6 series 4K TV 2018 vs Roku streaming stick 4K

so both my Tv and my Roku stick are 4K, what I don’t get is how the picture qualities are different. The Roku stick seems to get a better picture ? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: picture qaulity, Roku 6 series 4K TV 2018 vs Roku streaming stick 4K

Roku doesn’t make TV’s. They sell the software to various companies such as Hisense, TCL or ONN. So you own a Roku TV (some manufacturer) and you own a Roku Stick plugged into a separate TV correct? Is the Roku Stick plugged into a higher quality TV then your Roku TV? Seems to me like your comparing apples to oranges. There is a lot more info you need to provide. So you own something like a TCL Roku TV series 6? What type of TV is the Stick plugged into? Are both devices on the 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz? Are both side by side getting the same bandwidth results? What are you watching to benchmark your picture quality?

0 Kudos
Draco200
Reel Rookie

Roku stick is plugged into Roku Tv. Because Roku Tv Is slow. I was comparing the streaming pictures between the Tv and the Roku stick 4K. and I use 5G internet 100Mbps +

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Many TVs have different settings for the native display and each HDMI port. They can usually be toggled to use the same settings across all inputs. But it's possible the settings for your Roku Stick in the HDMI port are different from the primary display settings. Since you said 6 Series, I think that's the TCL brand. I've never used one of those, so don't know specifically what settings it might have. Even though it's using the Roku OS, each manufacturer can tweak the menus. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Which Roku Stick model do you have? Which Roku TV model do you have? Your using the same TV for both. So it’s just a matter of settings. I use a TCL Roku TV and love the picture quality. 

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

0 Kudos