Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-smart Roku TV Flickering The Logo. Common Fixes aren't Fixing

Jump to solution

While watching Netflix, my Roku suddenly went black and then began flickering the Roku logo and black screening. Now even if trying to turn the TV off, it will still do the blackscreen/flicker the Roku logo. I've tried the factory reset button, unplugging the TV from the wall outlet and waiting, and the remote restart buttons (clicking the home button 5 times etc.) and nothing is fixing the tv. The TV has been plugged in to the same wall outlet with a surge protector for 2 years now without an issues. I've gone through the manual for the TV without more ideas. This is not a smart tv so there aren't updates to check for. I'm at a loss on what I can do to fix the issue.

Extra info for reference;

Model #: 65R7G5

Serial #: 65G2142AAH00561

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: non-smart Roku TV Flickering The Logo. Common Fixes aren't Fixing

Jump to solution

@legendarymutt, I know it doesn't help solve your problem, but all Roku TVs are "smart" TVs but not all smart TVs are Roku TVs.  I would say contact Hisense, but from what I've seen here they won't help you if it's not still under warranty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: non-smart Roku TV Flickering The Logo. Common Fixes aren't Fixing

Jump to solution

@legendarymutt, I know it doesn't help solve your problem, but all Roku TVs are "smart" TVs but not all smart TVs are Roku TVs.  I would say contact Hisense, but from what I've seen here they won't help you if it's not still under warranty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.