Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vize
Level 7

new tcl roku 55425 owner here

Jump to solution

maybe you can help with something i am trying to find the advanced picture settings on my tv and they are nowhere to be found i even googled it and watched youtube i want to see how to turn off the CMI and change the hdr to dark hdr and stuff and see how it looks different can someone help with this i would call TCL but they closed

i have tried playing 4k hdr 60hz youtube videos to look for it there on the tv app itself and also i tried a 4k hdr game devil may cry 5 on my xbox one x and i cant find advanced picture settings or how to turn cmi off

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: new tcl roku 55425 owner here

Jump to solution

@vize 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@vize 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vize
Level 7

Jump to solution

yes i did contact TCL i didnt contact ROKU though

tcl said that roku removed the advanced picture settings with software updates is it possible to download an older software to a usb stick and use that or could that possibly messup my tv

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@vize 

Thanks for the update.

For more information about updating the OS on your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku TV™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
vize
Level 7

Jump to solution

dude the OS is already up to date that is what removed the advanced picture mode i would want to downgrade it and keep it downgraded .............

0 Kudos
Maverick77
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm confused too. I just bought the 55s425 and found out the advanced picture settings are not available anymore.

Why would Roku remove such an important feature? I feel a bit ripped off by that.  

0 Kudos
rayray77
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just bought one and was having the same problem. I found out you can adjust the picture settings only when you're watching something. Just push the * while watching a program and it will bring up the advanced settings. I hope this is what you were looking for. 

0 Kudos