Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fanuser

my roku tv need to power cycle to get hdmi working after watching tv

After watching tv, youtube, or other channels, the hdmi 1 on my Ruko tv stopped working, displaying random patterns on the top half, and black at the bottom half.  Power cycle the tv (unplug the power cord) seems always fix this, until next time watching tv, youtube, or other channels.  I did not try a factor reset, fearful that I would have to redo the configuration.

The tv is Sharp LC-50LBU591U, the hdmi 1 is connected to a 4k 30Hz source.  This seems started after the latest system update dated Dec 18 2020, when the over the air tv channels are listed together with roku channels.  I have not readjusted the tv configuration in a long time, except there were a couple of times over the last half year when the picture settings seems changed on its own.  I have not tested the other two htmi connectors.

Does any one know what is going on and a way to "fix" this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: my roku tv need to power cycle to get hdmi working after watching tv

I have the same model, only 43". I have had an occasional HDMI disconnect, but I blame the computer docking station, not the TV. And it's been many months since it has occurred. Certainly not within the timeframe you mention. 

For hardware support, you need to contact Sharp. Roku only licenses the operating system to them, and Sharp provides the technical support. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos