Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garges
Reel Rookie

live TV programs are playing behind/over saved youtube programs I watch

Re my HIsense ROKU TV

Recently wife is playing programs in her YouTube streaming library and at the same time there is a live TV program playing behind the tapped program she is watching. When she pauses her show the audio volume of the live TV is playing.

How can I delete the live TV broadcast which was not selected to play?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: live TV programs are playing behind/over saved youtube programs I watch

That's a weird one.  I'd start by restarting the TV from Settings->System->Power or just unplug the power for a few minutes and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
garges
Reel Rookie

Tnx

The Hisense ROKU remote doesn't give you many options. Went to settings in ROKU and "cancelled" live TV. Still getting it active along with selected YOUTUBE saved programs. Don't know which streaming service is allowing the remote to stay on???

Just an annoyance. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @garges,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience. We understand that Live TV is streaming while you're accessing the Youtube channel, is that correct?

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Have you tried the initial troubleshooting steps that @renojim posted above to see if that resolves the issue? 
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? 
  • How long has the issue been occurring?
  • Have you tried playing other channels if you are also having an issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

garges
Reel Rookie

The problem started several days ago.  It is primarily an issue when streaming on YouTube, not other channels.  Live TV can be heard in the background.  We have attempted to resolve the issue by following those steps suggested to no avail.  We never had this issue before.  

0 Kudos