Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soapstone
Level 7

is there a motion interpolation (soap opera effect) option on TCL 4k hdr tv's?

i just got the 55" TCL 4k HDR roku tv at my local costco (model 55s403), it was on sale for $370. i am totally enjoying it, but i was kinda hoping it would have the option to turn on the high frame rate, interpolation effect thing to make it look like i am watching a soap opera.

i tried looking online and i wasn't able to find anything on it. does anyone know if the option is there and i don't know where to find it? i know that it is separate from the 4k/uhd/hdr stuff cuz that happens automatically, and i know samsung tv's as well as other brands have a way to turn it off and on.

i wasn't able to find anything on it on the tcl site.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PatMike
Level 7

Re: is there a motion interpolation (soap opera effect) option on TCL 4k hdr tv's?

I can't find one. I'd like to know. It's one of the most popular TVs in the world, someone has to have an answer.

Let's bump this.
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

Re: is there a motion interpolation (soap opera effect) option on TCL 4k hdr tv's?

TCL Roku-enabled sets typically did not offer Motion Smoothing on any of their sets until this year. But, it is only available in their premium line of 6-Series sets.

TCL 6-Series Televisions
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos