Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ani56
Level 7

how to silence a voice from the background tv or remote but not the volume

hi i have an insignia/roku tv so my question is: every time i change the channel a voice came from the tv device saying everything about the channel or the movie or program and channel # but i dont meant the voice of actor or actress or reporter or locutor. is from the main device like a background voice. can you help me how can i silence that voice but i don't want to silence or mute the volume.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to silence a voice from the background tv or remote but not the volume

MIght this be the Audio Guide feature?

At some point you probably hit the * key four times in a short period of time. This is a shortcut that toggles the "Audio Guide" feature on and off, so four quick presses of the * key should turn the Audio Guide feature back off.

To deactivate the four-* trigger shortcut altogether use menu path, Settings > Accessibility > Shortcut (in the Audio Guide section) > Disabled

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
Ani56
Level 7

Re: how to silence a voice from the background tv or remote but not the volume

i tried to reset the tv factory so that the audio background voice will come off, then it took me to the screen where it says let get started choose a language, then its like freeze, it doesn't let me go further, i unplug disconnect everything still doesnt work even took out the batteries and sticker and nothing happens.

0 Kudos