Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ani56
Level 7

how to silence a voice from the background tv or remote but not the volume

hi i have an insignia/roku tv so my question is: every time i change the channel a voice came from the tv device saying everything about the channel or the movie or program and channel # but i dont meant the voice of actor or actress or reporter or locutor. is from the main device like a background voice. can you help me how can i silence that voice but i don't want to silence or mute the volume.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: how to silence a voice from the background tv or remote but not the volume

MIght this be the Audio Guide feature?

At some point you probably hit the * key four times in a short period of time. This is a shortcut that toggles the "Audio Guide" feature on and off, so four quick presses of the * key should turn the Audio Guide feature back off.

To deactivate the four-* trigger shortcut altogether use menu path, Settings > Accessibility > Shortcut (in the Audio Guide section) > Disabled

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Ani56
Level 7

Re: how to silence a voice from the background tv or remote but not the volume

i tried to reset the tv factory so that the audio background voice will come off, then it took me to the screen where it says let get started choose a language, then its like freeze, it doesn't let me go further, i unplug disconnect everything still doesnt work even took out the batteries and sticker and nothing happens.

0 Kudos