Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitten9875
Channel Surfer

how do i get rid of the thing in the top left corner of Roku TV

Jump to solution

there is a is like a thing telling me what roku can do and stuffs and it pops up every 2-3 minutes or so without you touching the remote - i also could have set it up wrong though 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: how do i get rid of the thing in the top left corner

Jump to solution

Is this a separate Roku or a TV?  A lot of TVs have a "store mode" or "demo mode" to show the TV off to potential buyers.

View solution in original post

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For anyone reading this and looking for help with a similar problem:

Roku TVs have a store/demo mode that can be selected during initial set up. If your set has no provision in the user interface to change this later, to get out of store mode you have to do a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set up again from scratch. When asked, select home use instead of store/demo.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

what does it say?

try Setting/Accessibility>> I basically have everything turned off like captions and Audio guide

Are you pressing the microphone button on the remote? just press it again..

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
kitten9875
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thank you for the suggestion i tried it and it didn't work

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is this a separate Roku or a TV?  A lot of TVs have a "store mode" or "demo mode" to show the TV off to potential buyers.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

still hasn't told us what it says.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
kitten9875
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

it's like what you would see in the stores 

0 Kudos
kitten9875
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

this is a tv i am thinking of factory reset to see if the i had set it up the wrong way because my sister haves the same tv and it didn't happen to her as far as i know

0 Kudos
kitten9875
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ok turns out that i had set it up wrong and i did do a factory reset for every thing and i don't have the problem any more

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For anyone reading this and looking for help with a similar problem:

Roku TVs have a store/demo mode that can be selected during initial set up. If your set has no provision in the user interface to change this later, to get out of store mode you have to do a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set up again from scratch. When asked, select home use instead of store/demo.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
r0bstewart

Jump to solution

I had the same problem -- a list of TCL Features kept appearing every ~2 minutes.  What worked for me (instead of a full Factory Reset) was SETTINGS => SYSTEM => STORE SETTINGS, then uncheck the box that says "Show store marketing messages."  

0 Kudos