Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCollinsks

help with a way to pair a Bluetooth Headset/earbud to my system and still have the Streambar active.

I current have a Roku TV with a Roku Streambar for better sound.  The issue is that I need the volume on about 60 and the wife needs it about 20.  I can use the iPhone remote and turn on my earbuds but it turns off the sound on the TV.  I purchased a TV line out wireless repeater but it has too much of a delay to use.  I could purchase wireless speakers and put them next to my chair but that might turn off the Streambar, I don't know.  What I would like is just some way to put in an earbud so I can hear the TV on 20 and leave the other one out so I can still talk to the wife during the show.  I was hoping that there was some Roku solution for the hearing impaired.  So far every way I have tried to get secondary audio from the TV, Streambar, Remote or iPhone remote turns off the Streambar audio.  If there is no solution can you at least let me know if the wireless speakers and the Streambar would both play at the same time?  I would hate to purchase them like I did the Streambar only to find out I can't make it work. If you have an option that works I will buy it.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: help with a way to pair a Bluetooth Headset/earbud to my system and still have the Streambar act

You want to use something the extracts the audio from the hdmi cable:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+arc+extractor&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AngelWyngs
Binge Watcher

Re: help with a way to pair a Bluetooth Headset/earbud to my system and still have the Streambar act

how about two TV's side by side

0 Kudos
jaykus354

This! I have a different use case, but definitely thought of this exact situation! Would be great to see accommodations like this for the hearing impaired and an overall more inclusive product. Bluetooth output is definitely a step forward but still falls short since it's EITHER/OR and not BOTH/AND.

0 Kudos