Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lad833

Help w sound on the roku streambar & bluetooth speaker & headphones

Jump to solution

Hello. I need help. My Husband is hard of hearing so he uses a small bluetooth speaker close to his ear so he does not blare the sound of the tv, Our tv does not have bluetooth but I have an adapter for it. it and the speaker works fine w out Roku stick. We recently bought a Roku Streambar with the hopes of being able to play sound out of the streambar and also continue to have the husband use his mini speaker close to his ear. I bought a Digital Optical Splitter and have the stream bar and the bluetooth transmitter connected. I can get sound out of the speaker or out of the streambar but not both at the same time. Please advise how I can accomplish this so we can all hear the tv without blasting our eardrums out!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: help w sound on the roku streambar & bluetooth speaker & headphones

Jump to solution

@Lad833 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that when using the Bluetooth or Private Listening feature with Roku devices, the audio playback through the speakers will be disabled.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lad833 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that when using the Bluetooth or Private Listening feature with Roku devices, the audio playback through the speakers will be disabled.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issue. You would think using the headphones and the tv sound would work together

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pauldimodica

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Boudraux

Jump to solution

Yes, Danny. That is exactly the problem i am trying to solve.  I want to watch tv with my family. Bluetooth headphones for me, and tv sound for them. That way we can let everybody have the ability to adjust sound to their own comfort level. Can this be done?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Boudraux

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We understand that you want to use Bluetooth headphones and at the same time pass through the sound on the TV to watch with your family. Please be advised that when private listening is activated, you will not hear audio from your TV speakers.

Private listening by multiple users is only supported on mobile devices running the Roku mobile app. If you connect headphones to a compatible Roku voice remote, private listening on all connected mobile devices will be deactivated.

I've provided some links below to go into further detail.

How to use headphones with your Roku voice remote for private listening
How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for private listening

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Randy2023

Jump to solution

So….. you’re saying there is no solution

0 Kudos