Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandybrown

help, to navigate from antenna tv to roku and back easily.

Jump to solution

I just set up my Dad's Roku tv. I am trying to figure out an easy way for him to go from the Roku player to the antenna tv. He is 91 years old and only has the Roku remote. my set up is different from his. I have a stick and a tv remote. Can I add a tv antenna Icon to the Roku home screen? I would appreciate the help as I have been searching for an answer for a while now. Thanks. [personal information removed] I would guess I am looking for a shortcut.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: help, to navigate from antenna tv to roku and back easily.

Jump to solution

@sandybrown 

The antenna input is now called Live Tv, if it's not on the home screen you can enable and rename through the settings menu:

Settings> TV Inputs> if it's not under inputs being used, scroll down to Inputs not used and enable. 

You can rename it and pick a different icon if you wish. 

Once it shows up on the home screen you can move it around to where you want it pressing option * key, move Input

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@sandybrown 

The antenna input is now called Live Tv, if it's not on the home screen you can enable and rename through the settings menu:

Settings> TV Inputs> if it's not under inputs being used, scroll down to Inputs not used and enable. 

You can rename it and pick a different icon if you wish. 

Once it shows up on the home screen you can move it around to where you want it pressing option * key, move Input

Edmund

renojim

Jump to solution

If it's a Roku TV there should be an icon on the Home Screen for Live TV.  If it's not there, you can add it through the Settings menu.  I forget exactly where it is and I can't check right now.  My understanding of "Live TV" by Roku's definition includes OTA channels (received via an antenna) and live streaming channels.  I don't use it, so others can probably give you more information about how/if you can separate the two.